Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Watching Videos

I've been camping out on YouTube for the past few hours watching video after video about Ethiopoia. This video-view includes shoulder popping Ethiopian-pop, Italian-Ethiopian 'reconciliation' videos, press interviews with Meles Zenawi (Prime Minister), and most interestingly food videos featuring the star of Ethiopian cuisine, Injera (pronounced injara). Injera is a type of bread and because I am the curious type, I ended up google(ing) it. I was pleased to discover that because the grain has several benefits farmers in Kansas are beginning to grow Teff, the grain used to make injera. The farmers there have found that Teff cut for hay without harvesting the seed is like, and I quote, "cotton candy for horses."

I was rather amused by that so I thought I'd share. Maybe I will be able to mail some Teff to the Kressin household as a gift. I think that's exactly what horses are missing, horse catnip.

oh! on an unrelated note I still haven't packed and everything is piling ever higher in my living room. I was so confident that I would easily slide under the 80 pound rule when I first got my assignment, but now I am not so sure. I keep getting advice like: "bring a hobby." and "if you have a skill you've always wanted to learn, bring the required texts/materials" and I keep taking things on like a harmonica; yeah, I said harmonica.

T-minus 4 days! ARE YOU PUMPED?????

No comments:

Post a Comment